Thursday, November 25, 2010

How do you change oil filter on a 2008 Chevy Aveo?

Today I was able to drain oil from my Chevy Aveo. But now I am trouble trying to remove oil filter. A regular oil filter wrench does not work Also how do I put on paper type oil filter?How do you change oil filter on a 2008 Chevy Aveo?I own a chevy aveo and I usually use a cresant wrench to remove the oil filter cover. The cover is made from hard plastic so be careful and take your time. Once you have the cover off, you will see a paper style oil filter. You can easily remove this and gasket by hand. Next slide on gasket and new oil filter. Replace and tighten cover. Do not forget to tighten oil drain plug using a TORX T45 socket fitting. Refill with filter is 4.75 quarts of oil.How do you change oil filter on a 2008 Chevy Aveo?You might need a different type of oil filter wrench. Try the kind that fit on a ratchet and have the spring loaded clamps. They are adjustable and actually tighten up as you turn it. If not sometimes I just took a hammer and hammered a big screwdriver into an oil filter and turned it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment