Thursday, November 25, 2010

How often do I need to perform the Oil & filter change for a Subaru legacy sedan 2001.?

I Have a Subaru Legacy sedan 2001. On my last Oil change, I replace from natural oil to synthetic oil. If I use synthetic oil, How often do I need to change the Oil %26amp; filter of my car???How often do I need to perform the Oil %26amp; filter change for a Subaru legacy sedan 2001.?Every engine is in different condition. If you really want to know how long you can go between changes, you need to have an oil analysis done by someplace like Blackstone Labs. It's cheap and they will give you a detailed printout of what's in the oil and how long you could go with it. Otherwise just use the manufacturers recommendation. They do way more research then anyone here so don't listen to online advice. It's not their car they don't really care. Just because I go 6000 miles between changes, doesn't mean your car will like the same. If you don't know how to see over time what interval works for your engine, listen to Subaru.How often do I need to perform the Oil %26amp; filter change for a Subaru legacy sedan 2001.?Depends on the oil you used. Typically Subaru tells you that every 3750 miles you should change the oil. Follow the manufactures specs and you shouldn't have any issues.How often do I need to perform the Oil %26amp; filter change for a Subaru legacy sedan 2001.?Oil filters are only good for 3,000 miles. Just use regular motor oil and change it every 3,000 miles. I love it when people wonder why the motor is tarnished up and throwing codes even if they switched to Mobil 1. There plugged up oil filters weighed 3 times more than it should have.How often do I need to perform the Oil %26amp; filter change for a Subaru legacy sedan 2001.?Synthetic oils out perform regular oil and as a result have a longer life, I have a 2001 Forester with 140k on it and I have been using synthetics for the last two years with an interval of 5000 miles, My engine is still in perfect condition. I use Mobil1 high mileage which says it is good for 7,500 miles, so I am being a little conservative.How often do I need to perform the Oil %26amp; filter change for a Subaru legacy sedan 2001.?I bought my 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback (2.5 litre) new, and have been using Valvoline Durablend synthetic/natural oil mix in it from scratch (As recommended by the Dealership where I bought the car). I change the oil and filter every 5,000 miles. The owner's manual calls for a 7,500 mile interval. At 139,500 miles my Subie neither leaks nor burns a drop of oil between changes. I have had to do absolutely no repairs to the engine.



Now, I do put Mobil 1 in my Porsche 911 Turbo S, but then that's the single recommended oil for Porsches. And, you know, that car cost as much as six Outbacks. With Mobil 1 and a Porsche filter, their recommended interval is every 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.How often do I need to perform the Oil %26amp; filter change for a Subaru legacy sedan 2001.?You should always change your oil and filter at the same time. With that said, you should change your synthetic oil every 3k-5k miles. You can get away with running it for longer then that, but just to be safe I would stay in that range. Oh and when going synthetic make sure you go full synthetic and not blend. Blend can have a very wide percentage range of actual synthetic in it, and if you are gonna use blend you mine as well just use regular oil.How often do I need to perform the Oil %26amp; filter change for a Subaru legacy sedan 2001.?I personally have never heard of changing the oil beyond 3,000 miles. On that note: It is usually a rule of thumb if you will to get the oil(be it dinosaur made or man made) changed every 3,000 miles at the least. That includes the oil filter too. Never skimp on the good filters for your oil either! The better your filter, the cleaner your oil will be! Also, when you change your oil, check to see if the oil coming out of the oil pan feels as if it's got grit in it. If it feels anything other than oil, you should get the engine checked out properly by your mechanic as soon as possible!How often do I need to perform the Oil %26amp; filter change for a Subaru legacy sedan 2001.?I would say every 3-4k miles. and try to use rotella t 5w-40 if you live in a warmer climate.How often do I need to perform the Oil %26amp; filter change for a Subaru legacy sedan 2001.?i have an 08 WRX and use Mobil 1 synthetic and change the oil every 7k miles. I also have a cold air intake which means I never have to change the oil filter. Now, your car is not high performance and you may not need synthetic since it is more expensive, and it may not be worth getting a cold air intake, depending on the miles and how long you plan on keeping it. If regular oil, 3k miles or a little more and it should be fineHow often do I need to perform the Oil %26amp; filter change for a Subaru legacy sedan 2001.?IF you are using Mobil 1 EP, it can go as far as 10k before I, personally, felt the difference.



Typical Syn. Oil can go around 5k to 8k, depended on how you drive the car, is that a daily or a track racing car...



The filter usually changes when you do the oil change.



However, you need to look at the labels on the backside of the Syn oil to make sure it is Synethic instead of a Blend of bulk/syn. There are some manufacturer claims that their Syn Oil is Synethic but the test limit did not even pass the standard tests...so watch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment