Friday, September 23, 2011

Auto Trans Fluid and Filter-When to change?

I bought a 1999 Corolla 4 months ago at 46K miles, this car now has 52K miles. The only service records I was given show regular oil changes. At what mileage should I get the Automatic trans. fluid and filter changed?

(I don't suspect anything wrong, I just want to do all the needed maintenance on schedule. I may keep this car for many, many years. Trans. shifts great, and fluid level stays right where it is supposed to be)

I have the owner's manual, but it does not tell at how many miles it should be changed.Auto Trans Fluid and Filter-When to change?I have over 20 years experience in the automatic transmission arena and I agree with the other respondents that the fluid and filter should be changed every 30 to 50000 miles. However, I caution you not to be taken in by a shop offering to flush your transmission. The important thing in transmission maintenance is the replacement of the filter and flushing does not remove all contamination from the system.Auto Trans Fluid and Filter-When to change?call the dealer under the guise of wanting to make a service appointment.Auto Trans Fluid and Filter-When to change?35,000Auto Trans Fluid and Filter-When to change?Every 30,000 milesAuto Trans Fluid and Filter-When to change?I think as a general rule, it should be done at 50K. Have you tried searching for the info on Toyota's website?Auto Trans Fluid and Filter-When to change?I own a Lexus ES 330, bought new in 2005, which is made by Toyota.

My initial tranny servise is scheduled at 30000 miles and every 30000 after that.

If you have no record change it now and every 30000 after that, just to be safeAuto Trans Fluid and Filter-When to change?i own a repair shop,and the transmission fluid should be changed every 3 years or every 36 thousand miles on it ,so if you bought it and it has this many miles on it,id have it changed ,because you don't really know if it has been done before or not,and it cant hurt it ,but by changing it now you will be assured it has been done and wont have to worry about it no more this is what keeps the transmission in good shape ,so id just get it done ,and also have the rest of the vehicle checked out as well,,good luck,i hope this help,sAuto Trans Fluid and Filter-When to change?Call a dealer service department and ask them. They have the factory service manuals

No comments:

Post a Comment