Monday, September 19, 2011

I cannot for the lift of me figure out how to get my OIL FILTER off of my '79 Blazer......Whats Wrong????

I changed my oil today, I drained out the old stuff, then went to take my oil filter off, and I cannot get it off. Is it okay just to leave it on til I need to change my oil again in 3k miles? This filter was just put on 2 months ago last time I had my oil changed, does the filter really need to be replaced or can it wait?I cannot for the lift of me figure out how to get my OIL FILTER off of my '79 Blazer......Whats Wrong????If at all possible change it. You should always a cup style filter removal tool with extensions and a ratchet wrench. When you put the new filter on wipe clean oil around the new filter gasket and after the gasket bakes contact with your block turn it clockwise no more than 3/4 of a turn. If you have room to swing a band (strap) style removal tool strap it as close to the block as possible to prevent crushing the filter. The third messy and sometimes necessary way is to drive a long tough screwdriver through the filter and twist it counter clockwise. Good LuckI cannot for the lift of me figure out how to get my OIL FILTER off of my '79 Blazer......Whats Wrong????It is slightly more important to change the filter than changing the oil. Make sure you are turning counter-clockwise (lefty loosey, righty tighty). You need an oil filter wrench to get the filter off. If you cannot get the filter off, take it to JiffyLube and pay them to change the filter. Make sure you do not overtighten the new filter when putting it on, so next time you will not have this problem.I cannot for the lift of me figure out how to get my OIL FILTER off of my '79 Blazer......Whats Wrong????some body put it on too tight. if an oil filter wrench doesht work try stabbing it with a flat screw driver or use a large pair of channel locks. or eat some spinachI cannot for the lift of me figure out how to get my OIL FILTER off of my '79 Blazer......Whats Wrong????you need an oil filter wrench, changing your oil without changing your filter is like taking a shower and putting your dirty underwear back on, you need to change it.I cannot for the lift of me figure out how to get my OIL FILTER off of my '79 Blazer......Whats Wrong????For me, I can use oil filters for up to 5 months.But the important thing is to take out the filter. This is the last remedy; if you don't have or you can't loosen with an oil filter spanner wrench, just puncture through the oil filter with a heavy duty screw driver and turn partially counterclockwise to loosen. But first, be sure to put an oil catch basin pan below so as not to spill the remaining oil inside the filter.
  • favorite girl and boy names
  • valve stem oil seals
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment