Monday, September 19, 2011

I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?

So 3 days after I just got my oil change I was driving down the road when my car began to stall out and die on me. I was able to get it off the road and upon opening the hood I saw a large puddle of oil down by the oil filter and I'm out of oil leading me to believe that when I got my oil changed the filter was put on wrong. Anybody have any idea how best to take care of this I have not yet started the car back up and I called the place where I got the oil change from but they said they would be calling me back? ThnxI just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?Don't drive, get it towed to the oil change place. You engine may be dead. I am pretty sure they didn't take the old oil filter gasket off (put the filter with 2 gaskets) and leaked all the oil. I have seen a piston coming out of the block because of it. Common mistake for starter.



Good luck.I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?They may owe you another car. Running a car without oil can destroy the motor fast. Make sure you stay on top of them to take care of it.I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?Have it towed to the place that you had your oil changed at. They are responsible for any internal damage that happened to the engine. Make sure that they pay for your car to be inspected by a factory certified mechanic to test for any internal damage to the engine.I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?First, you need to contact the oil change shop. Hopefully, they will be willing to work with you. If they are not willing to work with you, you will need a lawyer.



Seeing your engine was starting to seize you could easily have some serious internal engine damage. You will need to have this looked at by a professional mechanic.



Have it towed to the mechanic or the oil change shop. Let them start the engine. If it starts and makes no unusual noises there isn't any serious damage. They can do another oil change, correctly this time, and there should be no other problems.



However if it makes strange noises you could have a seized or spun bearing, usually a main or rod bearing. This can be costly to repair. However this is the responsibility of the oil change shop.



If the car needs further repairs the oil change shop should also provide a rental car while your car is repaired.I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?Obviously the people changing the oil made a mistake in getting the cap on. I would call them again and ask if they will take care of the problem. They should come to your place to correct the problem. Good luck.I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?It sounds like a moron at the lube station forgot to put the oil drain plug back into the oil pan.Either that or when they put the oil filter on the worker didn't run a coat of engine oil on the seal of the filter. If there is ANY damage to your motor, they are obligated to fix any damages due to their negligence. If they refuse to fix it, I'd take it to court.I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?get it towed back to the place that changed your oil. they obviously did something wrong. they are responsible to fix it properly at no cost to you.I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?I disagree with the other posters. If they messed it up, they may try to cover it up and blame it on you so they don't have to fork over the money for a new engine, which it will most likely need. Plus, if they messed it up once, can you really trust them not to do it again? I would have it towed to a dealer. I don't normally use dealer repair shops, but they will be considered the authority if it has to go to court. I would tell them what happened, ask them to simply diagnose what happened, and then take the diagnosis to the place that messed it up and see if they will do the right thing. If not, hope you have a good lawyer. Good luck.I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?I go along with camuted to a point; I would have it towed to a dealer, but call the oil change shop and offer to let them send a representative (preferably the manager) to be there while the car is being inspected.



If the puddle was under the filter, I'm guessing they cross-threaded the filter or canister when they put it back on, and it didn't seal. Whatever the problem, the oil change shop is responsible. That's the reason I pay a little extra and have the dealer change my oil.I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?thats what happens when they hire d--ckhead teenagers, to do a job

perhaps the oil filter is not on tight enough , do twist accordingly.

check your oildipstick , if no oil go and get some from the nearest place refill and look under car while idling your engine.

dont wait foer those a--ho--les to call back.I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?I'm not entirely convinced that the oil change people are at fault, because if there was catastrophic incompetence involved it should have shown up before now...in other words, if they forgot to replace the drain plug, or didn't tighten the oil filter, you wouldn't have been able to drive it for three days.



I'm not saying that they are not at fault. But I think you should be prepared for a battle. They are going to be looking for another reason for the car to have failed...and they just might find it.I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?I'm a mechanic, if you have insurance talk to them first, they know how to deal with situations like this. If you don't have insurance then listen to carnuted. The people who screwed up your car will probably try to avoid accepting responsibility for their mistake.I just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?at this point you need to prepare your case. first take lots of pictures of the oil around the filter and anything else that looks like it might have caused the problem including any oil under the car. was there oil on the ground where you normally park the car?

i agree that a non interested party like the dealer is a good place to have the car towed to and inspected. invite the manager of the oil change shop to be present for the inspection of your vehicle. take time to document all events. find your receipt for the service.



you need to also be prepared that it was not a oil change problem, it could have been an engine failure like a cracked block.



good luck to youI just took my car in for an oil change the other day and it just died on me and is out of oil?I hope your engine isn't blown, but from the looks of it, it possible is close to being completely damaged. Make sure the place who did your oil change calls you back, it would be their fault since they didn't install the oil filter on correctly.
  • removing contact lenses
  • database
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment