Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I change the oil in a 1999 Mazda Protege 1.6?

I can't seem to find the frigging drain plug. The owners manual shows a rough diagram (located lower left front), but there is a bunch of oil covering everything, and I can't seem to find the darn plug.



This, on top of having to change the filter is a pain in the butt. The filter is located between the engine and the firewall. Reaching it is not an easy task.



Any auto guru's willing to help out an auto dork?How do I change the oil in a 1999 Mazda Protege 1.6?The plug will be somewhere on the bottom of the oil pan. The filter might be a ittle tight, but thats what filter wrenches are for. I do the oil in my '91 protege 1.8l with no issues. Oh - and don't overtighten the drain plug or filter...



To clarify - the plug is nowhere near the dipstick. It is underneath the car on the lower side or bottom of the oil pan.







If you still can't find it, just take it in to get it done. Plenty of places will do it for around 20-30 bucks - not much more than a jug of oil and a filter, which will cost you $15 to $20 for a cheaper brand of oil and a filter.How do I change the oil in a 1999 Mazda Protege 1.6?clean off the oil to find the plug if that dont work for you pay walmart sears to do it for you thats y they are thereHow do I change the oil in a 1999 Mazda Protege 1.6?omg you know pay someone to do the job it can cost you $20 with the whole job done



taking the filter out is very easy from the top of the passenger side and the oil plug is in the same line as the oil filter i bet is an almost straight line with a 19mm socket you can take it outHow do I change the oil in a 1999 Mazda Protege 1.6?Take your car to the self serve car wash and spray your engine off, you might even want to use some engine cleaner from the auto parts store, I did it and my engine loves me now! Then you can find the drain plug! If you're on the ground and you still can't find it... KEEP LOOKING!How do I change the oil in a 1999 Mazda Protege 1.6?Lefty loosey and righty tighty. Why not ask someone with some auto experience to help you before you burn up your ride. Let them look for the oil leak while they are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment