Monday, September 19, 2011

I blown a head gasket in my car, and their is a little water in the oil, should I change the oil fast?

I mean. should I change the oil so that the car could sit for while before I can get time to take it into a mechanic.



I know that I should not even turn on the car. but would it be ok to let it sit how it is, or would it be best to change the oil and oil filter before it sits for a while. to put a band aid on things.I blown a head gasket in my car, and their is a little water in the oil, should I change the oil fast?hi cave man,you know me,there's really no sense in changing it right now because if you do not plan on driving it,its just a waste if there's any coolant left in it,it may also get in to the new oil,if its bad enough id have it towed to the mechanic,it may just save the engine in it,i hope it didn't get it to bad ,but changing it right now wouldn't help it,but i wouldn't run it any more at all,until i got it repaired,good luck,hope this helps.I blown a head gasket in my car, and their is a little water in the oil, should I change the oil fast?your welcome.

Report Abuse

I blown a head gasket in my car, and their is a little water in the oil, should I change the oil fast?just drain the oilI blown a head gasket in my car, and their is a little water in the oil, should I change the oil fast?I'd say change the oil.the water in there could rust things up.I blown a head gasket in my car, and their is a little water in the oil, should I change the oil fast?yes drain the oil at least so that the inside of your engine doesn't start to rust.

yeah band aid it.. lolI blown a head gasket in my car, and their is a little water in the oil, should I change the oil fast?yep, u need to change the oil! Well u don't have to but it will be for the best in the long run, and your mechanic will love u for it !!!!I blown a head gasket in my car, and their is a little water in the oil, should I change the oil fast?Watter is heavier than oil and will settle to the bottom. The oil seals air out and will not let rust form. If you want, just loosen the drain plug until oil starts to drip.I blown a head gasket in my car, and their is a little water in the oil, should I change the oil fast?I wouldn't run the car anymore, just changing the oil wont remove the oil/water mix from all the oil passages. The little bit of antifreeze in the oil wont hurt anything as long as you don't run the engine untill its fixed. Antifreeze has rust inhibitors in it to protect the cooling system from rust, the bad part of antifreeze getting into oil is that it is not a lubricant and prolonged engine operation will cause the bearings to fail costing you much more money and possibly completely destroying the engine. There is no band-aid so to speak for a blown head gasket only to change the gasket and have an oil change done on the car at the same timeI blown a head gasket in my car, and their is a little water in the oil, should I change the oil fast?Yes, it would help. Also go to www.crc industries.com and scroll on K and W Nanotechnology Permanent Head Gasket and Block Repair.

You make the decision.I blown a head gasket in my car, and their is a little water in the oil, should I change the oil fast?20 dollars for oil change is well worth it get the moisture out of your block especially if you let it setI blown a head gasket in my car, and their is a little water in the oil, should I change the oil fast?It depends on the amount of water but more or less yes because the water may effect the viscosity of the oil and will cause very expensive repairs if not taken care of asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment