Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to change oil on a 2001 Yamaha YZ125?

I need to change the oil on my dirtbike, but before I pay someone how to do it, I was going to see if it was easy enough to do it myself! So, if someone would be soooo kind, please help me with step-by-step instructions on how to do it! :-D THANK YOU SO MUCH!!Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to change oil on a 2001 Yamaha YZ125?Get a container to catch the oil, like a 4L ice-cream container.



Undo the sump plug, this is at the base of the engine, the only bolt at the bottom.



drain oil.



remove oil filter.



Put sump plug back on, get new filter and wipe some of the used oil around the rubber gasket, this helps to create a better seal.



put new oil in the opil filler cap. DO NOT OVERFILL.



ask at shop where you purchase oil how much you need. my 250 holds about 750mls.Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to change oil on a 2001 Yamaha YZ125?If you have the owner's manual, alll the info should be in there. I did my own on my Ninja 250 it is acutally pretty simple.Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to change oil on a 2001 Yamaha YZ125?If you are going to start doing your own maintenance and have not done much of this before you need to spend the $20-30 and buy a repair manaul for your bike.Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to change oil on a 2001 Yamaha YZ125?Check the oil level with the bike upright (as if you were sitting on it).

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/myyama

Go to - your bike - Crankcase - #7

Remove drain bolt and drain the oil.

Install the bolt with a new sealing washer if necessary.

Go to - Crankcase Cover - #12

Remove the oil level check bolt (it has a sealing washer on it, to help you identify the bolt).

Put an oil drain pan under the bike.

Hold the bike upright and slowly add oil into the fill cap #10

Use quality, brand name, 4 stroke, 10W/40 motor oil (2 stroke engines use 4 stroke oil in the crankcase).

When the oil starts to drip out of the check bolt, stop adding oil and install the check bolt.

Start and run the engine for a few minutes - to allow the oil to coat all internal parts.

Stop the engine and let it sit for a few minutes - to allow the oil to settle to the bottom of The crankcase.

Hold the bike upright and remove the oil level check bolt.

Add oil until it starts to drip out of the check hole.

Install the check bolt, re-cycle the oil and ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment