Friday, September 23, 2011

I bought a used car. After an oil change I found it has less than 3 quarts of oil, what should I Do?

I bought the car from a dealership 3 months ago. When I asked about the service I was told that it had been completely serviced before they sold it to me. I took it to get an oil change today where I learned that it had about 3 quarts of oil (4.5 filled it), an oil leak and that the oil filter had not been changed in almost a year. I also have pretty good evidence that the last oil change was probably in september of 2006. So, not only was I lied to (Typical car sales people), but there's no telling how long this has been the case, or what damage has been done while I drove thinking everything was fine. My first reaction is to be mad since I am paying my hard earned money for this thing. I want to return the car since I don't know what shape it is really in. But I highly doubt that they would just let me out of the loan without a fight (Lawyer). So, how should I approach this when I go in to confront them about it? And what should I ask for? ThanksI bought a used car. After an oil change I found it has less than 3 quarts of oil, what should I Do?You bought the car %26quot;as-is%26quot;..... should've asked for service records or had it inspected by a mechanic first. But you didn't so it's your own fault.



What is your damage? You %26quot;THINK%26quot; something's wrong but the car is running fine so you need to move on.I bought a used car. After an oil change I found it has less than 3 quarts of oil, what should I Do?Return to the dealer ship and ask to see when they serviced that car, Don,t tell them what you know and don,t get mad yet, be nice Until you find out the truth and then be tactful with your knowledge know more than they do check everything, wright it down and don,t leave anything un inspected . You might get the dealership to do more for you when you have the advantage, hope this helpsI bought a used car. After an oil change I found it has less than 3 quarts of oil, what should I Do?Ask for the person in charge.Tell them what you found.Then ask for a engine warrenty in case of early problems.If they say no to the warrenty talk to a good lawyer.I bought a used car. After an oil change I found it has less than 3 quarts of oil, what should I Do?A used car is sold %26quot;as is%26quot;. You state the car has an oil leak, could be where that quart and one half went. Also, if you got the car three months ago, and this is the first time you have opened the hood and checked anything, you are looking for trouble. Regular maintenance will save you thousands. You could have replaced the lost oil had you checked the fluids two months ago. You have no grounds to approach the dealership, and will be a waste of your time and effort. Use it as a learning experience, and move on, it's not worth it. Good luck.
  • better first name
  • ittwit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment