Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm trying to change my car oil/filter on a 04 toy. corolla. How do I do that? I need to save money!!!THANK!!

Instead of taking it to a shop, I want to do it myself. I'm trying to learn so I can save money since the gas price is so high. WIth the few extra bucks I will be saving, I would rather spend it on gas. Please..I need help!!!I'm trying to change my car oil/filter on a 04 toy. corolla. How do I do that? I need to save money!!!THANK!!its really not that hard to do but if you mess it up it can cost you an engine. i would check with some friends who have done it and ask them for a little help %26quot; just to make sure you are doing it right.%26quot; also most adult education programs offer a course in basic auto maintenance that would help you gain the knowledge that you are seeking and as others have suggested a repair manual will never hurt best of luckI'm trying to change my car oil/filter on a 04 toy. corolla. How do I do that? I need to save money!!!THANK!!I always get a manual for any vehicle I own. you can get them at any auto parts store.I'm trying to change my car oil/filter on a 04 toy. corolla. How do I do that? I need to save money!!!THANK!!get a haynes or chilton repair manual its around 20$ to buy but it tells you have to fix almost everything in the car.I'm trying to change my car oil/filter on a 04 toy. corolla. How do I do that? I need to save money!!!THANK!!go buy 4 quarts of 5w30 oil and a filter to fit your toyota...the filter on these is usually under the car front of the engine area remove the drain plug with a 14mm wrench.. drain the oil into a container that will hold all of it...after all the oil is out replace drain plug.remove the old filter.. wipe the base plate clean put some oil allong the gasket of the new filter and put the new filter on after the gasket makes contact turn it another 3/4 of a turn.. dont tighten it with the wrench....put 3 quarts of oil in the engine start the car and shut it off again after 15 seconds...check the dipstick to see how much more you may need to fill it to its full mark on the dipstick....recycle the used oil at a proper recycling depotI'm trying to change my car oil/filter on a 04 toy. corolla. How do I do that? I need to save money!!!THANK!!Toyota sells a specific cup style oil filter removal tool with a 3/8 drive in the bottom. A pair of Rhino Ramps from WalMart will make the job very easy as the filter is directly in a vertical position in the right front of the motor.

It's best to use a Toyota oil filter and fill it with fresh oil and let it settle till it's full before screwing it back on the mount. This prevents dry starts. Keep receipts for the oil and filter so Toyota won't whine if there is a future warranty issue.I'm trying to change my car oil/filter on a 04 toy. corolla. How do I do that? I need to save money!!!THANK!!This is not something you should attempt without someone there who has done it before. After the first time go for it. Have someone who has done it before help the first time. You wont save any money by doing this one yourself. The oil and filter will cost the same as the oil change at a shop. This is because they buy oil in bulk cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment